Why having an at-home birthday party for your child is a winner!
Have you ever spent many hours wondering what to do and where to have your child’s birthday party? Many children’s parties are celebrated at fast food chains, indoor play centres or the bowling alley for instance. But if you are one of those people who like to create kids’ birthday parties that are special and unique…parties that your guests and children will remember forever, then this should help get you on your way to a most unforgettable time… Have an at-home birthday party!
Birthday parties at home can actually be some of the best parties imaginable. The most fun and the most memorable of my parties as a child were the ones we had at home where we made things, we played games and had fun together with friends. Turn back the hands of time and plan a birthday party in your home, and you may be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.
My sons have only ever had at-home parties and they have absolutely loved them! We share in the party planning- which friends to invite, what food to eat and which Women’s Weekly cake to make this year. But I leave the planning of the party games to me, keeping the actual games as a surprise for the day- this just adds to the anticipation and excitement to the day. We often talk about the “spooky party” that totally scared the friends with the games we played, or the “miniscule” inspired party that made everyone think more creatively about which insect they would dress up as. And the most important part for me is that I share the fun and celebration with my sons, actively being a part of the games, sharing the food and engaging in conversations with the children and the parents.
And your child’s friends parents…There are usually parents who stay at parties, regardless of location, so what better way than to share the party game fun- the parents all participate in their own party game! We had a “boat race” using cardboard boxes for a “pirate party” theme. The kids love seeing their parents be a part of their own party game fun.
I love stay-at-home parties because:
- Your house is the most unique party setting in todays party environment
- Children are familiar with and comfortable in their own environment, which increases the “fun factor”
- Playing party games is great fun and there are so many games that are suitable for indoors and outdoors, as well as for all ages
- Everything you need is at your home
- You can choose the time of day and length of party to your needs
- You will bring the party to the kids
- Theming can be a flexible choice, and
- It doesn’t matter if your party runs overtime