Hosting your child’s birthday party at their most favourite park or playground is a really simple idea. Parks have everything kids love – a playground, lots of open space and a place to be together with a variety of things to do. Here is a list of things you need to bring from home for a wonderfully smooth birthday celebration at the park.
1. Food and Drinks
- Plenty of water
- Easy to eat finger food
- The birthday cake/ cupcakes
- If you’re having a barbie – tongs, oil, paper towel, tray
- Choose decorations that are best for the outdoors, such as colourful balloons and toy windmills
- Sparklers for the birthday cake
- Tablecloths are prone to be difficult to keep on the table with windy weather. Opt for decorations that kindle your party celebration feeling.
- Drinking cups
- Cutlery for cake cutting
- A medley of classic party games or outdoor yard games
- Music playing device – particularly important for pass the parcel!
- Portable bluetooth speaker
- Mozzie repellant
- Garbage bag
- Portable gazebo/ shelter
- Picnic blanket or two
- Chairs for the adults
- Matches or a lighter
- Mini first aid kit
- Hand sanitiser
- Baby wipes
- A couple of towels for water play
- Toilet paper for the just-in-case!
6. Party Favours
- Prepacked party favours make it easier to hand out at your party.
This comprehensive list will make your park party preparations feel a whole lot more organised and planned. Ensuring there’s food and drink for everyone, decorations to create that party atmosphere, other entertainment options and importantly having all the little extras add to the success of hosting your birthday party at the park.
What are your essentials to bring for a birthday party at the park?
Some links in this post are partnership links meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you decide to make a purchase.