Postage for your order is calculated based on the weight of the parcel. There are 5 tiers of standard delivery costs that are the same for anywhere in Australia:
- Under 500g
- Between 500g and 2kg
- Between 2kg and 5kg,
- Between 5kg and 10kg
- Over 10kg
The delivery costs are displayed in your shopping cart.
Party Ideas in a Box chooses to deliver with either Australia Post or a number of courier services. For all delivery services, please allow 1 business day for packaging your parcel, plus the estimated delivery time once your parcel is despatched.
Express Post Delivery
There are 3 tiers of postage options for express post with Australia Post only:
- Under 500g
- Up to 3kg
- Up to 5kg
If your parcel weighs greater than 5kg and you would like express post, please contact me for a quote. For parcels over 5kg, all Express Post all costs incurred are the same price as the Australia Post quotation to your area.
Party Ideas in a Box chooses to deliver with Australia Post only when selecting the express post option. Delivery estimates for express post depend upon your location relative to Newcastle NSW. This may be between 1 and 5 days. For information about express post, please refer to Australia Post.
Postage and delivery FAQ's
- It’s the discretion of Party Ideas in a Box to choose which delivery service suits your package.
- Postage and delivery costs are inclusive of packaging, handling and delivery.
- Please provide your correct delivery details and instructions upon checkout to ensure your parcel arrives to the right place. An additional delivery fee will be incurred for incorrectly provided addresses. No refunds will be given for incorrect postal addresses. We do not take responsibility for wrongly addressed parcels, as provided by you during the checkout process.
- For timely parcel despatch and delivery, allow up to 14 working days to ensure the parcel arrives before your planned date.
- Orders are processed and despatched Monday to Friday only. Orders placed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be ready for despatch the following Monday (except for NSW public holidays).
- You agree to pay for all standard delivery costs and any extra costs incurred, regardless of the actual perceived cost of the parcel to send.
- Postage and delivery costs are non-refundable.
There are a few factors to consider when wondering how long your order should take to arrive. They are:
- the handling and packing process
- where you live in Australia compared to Party Ideas in a Box, and
- the delivery timeframe
These are outlined as separate postage and delivery questions.
Allow 1 business day for the handling and packing process. I take a break from packing your parcel on NSW and national public holidays.
Allow 1 day for handling and up to 2 business days for delivery. This is an estimate only based on previous customer experience. Courier services and Australia Post have different timeframes.
Allow 1 day for handling and up to 4 business days for delivery. This is an estimate only based on previous customer experience. Courier services and Australia Post have different timeframes.
Allow 1 day for handling and up to 14 business days for delivery. This is an estimate only based on previous customer experience. Courier services and Australia Post have different timeframes.
I trust that you understand the courier delivery network and long haul distance from Newcastle is challenging. I would highly recommend planning in advance, or asking about the possibility of using the Australia Post Express Post network, at an additional cost.
Party Ideas in a Box utilises a range of delivery services that suit your parcel’s weight and dimensions. This includes Australia Post and a number of courier services that have a courier network across most of Australia.
Courier services can be a more economical way to deliver your parcels. They are not an express service.
Please type in whether you give permission for your parcel to be left at your delivery address without a signature. If this is left blank, your parcel may be returned to the courier’s local depot or nearest Australia Post office for you to pick up at a later date. This may not be as convenient for you and add extra time to the estimated delivery timeframe.
This is Party Ideas in a Box – I make every effort to send your order in a box! There are some orders where this may not be possible. However I will ensure that your order is packaged appropriately for the type of product.
I love to consider the environment with the packing boxes and may re-use boxes of all shapes and sizes. For this reason, there may be printing on the box that is not related to the contents of the package. It’s what’s on the inside that counts!
Once your parcel has been picked up from Party Ideas in a Box you may receive a tracking code email. This confirms the delivery company, the date of despatch and the tracking number of your parcel. You can check on your parcel by visiting the relevant company’s website with your tracking information.
Australia Post and the courier services usually leave a “parcel for collection” card if:-
- the parcel cannot fit in your letterbox
- there is no-one at home.
Please contact your local courier service depot or Australia Post with the tracking details provided in your Completed Order email. If you are unsure which type of delivery service was used or feel that your parcel is taking longer than expected, please contact us for details.
If the parcel is destined for your business address, please follow these simple steps if the parcel is taking longer than expected:
- check the tracking details with the delivery provider
- check with the Reception of your business for incoming mail
Please note that Australia Post and courier services have a limited timeframe for holding your parcels for collection. If your parcel is not collected by the delivery provider’s timeframe, the parcel will be returned to Party Ideas in a Box. An additional delivery fee will be charged if you would like the parcel to be re-delivered.
Party Ideas in a Box is located in Newcastle NSW, a large regional centre 2 hours north of Sydney