Hosting your child’s birthday party at their most favourite park or playground is a really simple idea. Parks have everything kids love – a playground, lots of open space and a place to be together with a variety of things to do. Here is a list of things you’ll need to bring from home for a wonderfully smooth birthday celebration at the park.
1. Food and Drinks
- Plenty of water
- Easy to eat finger food
- The birthday cake/ cupcakes. For a simple, flat and easy-to-prepare decoration, check out these Superhero edible cupcake decorations or Beanie Boo edible icing decorations are the icing on the cake!
- If you’re having a barbie – tongs, oil, paper towel, tray
- Choose decorations that are best for the outdoors, such as these colourful balloons, or these clear coloured confetti Happy Birthday balloons as well as our toy windmills
- Party sparklers for the birthday cake or just for mesmerising swirling
For a wide variety and style of decorations to suit every party theme, I recommend Ebay. Check out the party decoration prices and more details.
- Table covers are prone to be difficult to keep on the table in windy weather. Instead, opt for party decorations that kindle your party celebration feeling. If you can’t resist a plain coloured table cover, or even a pretty moo cow patterned table cover, then check out the latest prices and styles here.
- Drinking cups – Go for the natural style with these brown paper drinking cups or bring some colour to your party with these coloured paper drinking cups. Paper cups are best for you to write names on using a sharpie pen.
- Serviettes – Continue your colour scheme with either these plain, bold coloured paper napkins or add a bit of polka dot coloured fun.
- Cutlery for cake cutting
For a wide variety and style of tableware to suit every party theme, I recommend Ebay. Check out the party tableware prices and more details here.
- A medley of classic party games from Party Ideas in a Box or outdoor yard games
- Music playing device, such as your iPhone paired with this Bose Portable Bluetooth Speaker. This is one of the best purchases I have made. The sound quality is brilliant and is my premier device to play music through for pass the parcel when you’re outside.
- Mozzie repellant
- Garbage bag
- Portable gazebo/ shelter, just like this Oztrail Gazebo. I use mine frequently and it’s perfect for just popping up wherever you have your party.
- Picnic blanket or two
- Chairs for the adults or even these super cute junior camping chairs for the kids. It’s hard to resist a mini version!
- Matches or a lighter
- Basic first aid kit
- Hand sanitiser
- Baby wipes
- A couple of towels for water play
- Camera, or your iPhone
- Toilet paper for the just-in-case!
6. Party Favours
- Our prepacked party favours make it easier for you to hand out at the end of your party.
This comprehensive list will make your park party preparations feel a whole lot more organised and planned. Ensuring there’s food and drink for everyone, decorations to create that party atmosphere, other entertainment options and more importantly having all the little extras add to the success of hosting your birthday party at the park.
What are your essentials to bring for a birthday party at the park?
Some links in this post click through to various merchants. When you make a purchase, I may earn a commission. Affiliate programs include, but are not limited to the eBay Partner Network (Australia and International) and a variety of Australian online shops.
more from the blog
The links below are partnership businesses. When you click through to these partners and make a purchase, I may earn a commission.